Phenolic gasket, poly sleeves, washers
Type D (RTJ)
Phenolic or Teflon coated ring, poly sleeves, washers
Phenolic, poly sleeves, washers
G10 gasket, mylar sleeves, washers (double), G10 washers
Flange Insulating Gasket Kits
Flanges, the most common trouble area, need to be sealed properly to prevent leakage and must also be cathodically insulated to prevent stray currents which cause undo corrosion and eventual breakdown of the metal. Advance Products & Systems manufactures and maintains a supply of quality products and materials which help solve most flange sealing problems, therefore preventing subsequent corrosion and saving the integrity of the pipeline.
TROJAN SEALING GASKETS
Trojan gaskets are state-of-the-art in near zero leakage static sealing. The Elastomer sealing element is encapsulated in the electrically insulated retainer. The encapsulation of the sealing element permits only micro-exposure of the seal to hostile environs of fire, chemicals and corrosive fluids.
Because of the controlled confinement of the elastomer sealing ring within the available volume of the groove in the retainer, 92% to 94% filled volume, a consistent controlled-pressure seal can always be obtained without tremendous bolt loads. Reduced loads allow for reduced flange thickness, smaller bolts and smaller circles.
The cross section of APS’s Trojan Sealing Gasket (A) shows the elastomer sealing element as it appears before compression between flanges. This compression causes the seal to effectively fill the void of the groove and encapsulate, permitting only micro exposure of the actual seal to hostile elements either from within or without.
QUAD SEAL TROJAN
Four seals on the new Quad-Seal Trojan further insures the integrity of the sealing capability of an already-proven reliable gasket. For areas where absolute zero leakage is a must, the Quad-Seal Trojan works twice as hard.
ADVANTAGES OF THE TROJAN
· Can be utilized with mismatched flanges
· Can be utilized with misaligned flanges
· Can be used in place of RTJ or BX rings
· Little initial torque required
· No re-torque required
· Sealing ring cannot be left out
· Seal design tested for high pressures
· Competitive price
· Limited area of seal exposed (long fire life)
· Compensate for pressure fluctuations, compression changes, vibrations, temperature, variations, etc.
· Greatly reduces human error during installation
· Large selection of materials available
· Three to four times the dielectric strength necessary
· Low installation and maintenance costs
Gaskets through 144"
1. IsoJoint is a true monolithic isolating joint.
2. IsoJoint employs a unique, preassembled pressure seal which envelops the insulating ring
3. The IsoJoint allows the joint to be welded into place as one piece
4. Effective control can be realized by placing IsoJoints at pipeline entry points to processing plants or gas compressor stations
5. No replacing of standard isolation kits